Position: Director of Business Planning
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We currently are seeking an opening for a Director of Business Planning. As the Director of Business Planning, you will be reporting to VIZIO’s VP of Business Planning. This individual will work autonomously to serve the global supplier management needs of VIZIO, Inc. particularly for TV Division. The Director of Business Planning will have a wide scope of responsibility including directing and managing all aspects of the company’s supplier relationships and executing short and long-range strategic plans, managing the internal supplier management organization, and external relationships and partnerships with third party manufacturers and original design manufacturer’s (ODM’s).
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, this managerial position will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of a team of business planning managers and analysts that are accountable for the following:
- Managing new and existing supplier relationships
- Driving product costing and pricing initiatives
- Managing the P&L for various business units or product categories
- Providing guidance, to Suppliers to bring in adequate supply in timely manner to support business need
- Coordinating new product initiatives with product organization and conduct ODM selections
Supporting sales organization for product recommendations to customers. This individual will be intimately involved in all operational aspects of the company; making sure that processes are in place to accurately reflect rapid changes in product offerings, cost of sales and operating expense, and will work closely with the VP of Business Planning at VIZIO to position the company for future growth, product transition and product portfolio expansion.
The Director of Business Planning will be accountable to ensure effective operational controls, methods and best practices are in place within each supplier account, and collaborating cross functionally in all business activities at VIZIO. This individual will need to leverage their supplier management expertise and experiences to manage the supplier accounts or product categories and improve processes internally and within the areas of product sourcing and procurement, logistics, supply forecasting and demand planning, manufacturing and assembly.
- A minimum of 7 years in operations, materials, supply chain and strategic sourcing related positions is required with significant operations experience in fast paced organizations.
- Superior business acumen and the ability to work cross-functionally to ensure the alignment of operational business processes.
- Prior experience working with and managing the expectations of third party manufacturers and ODM’s is required. International experience is essential.
- A proven track record of success in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. A participatory management style with a strong executive presence is critical.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- An undergraduate degree with an emphasis in a related field of study is required.
- MBA or related advanced degree in business is a strong plus.
- Ability to speak Chinese is a plus.
VIZIO offers medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to a 401K program and company performance-based bonus.